- University of California, Berkeley
Conservation of Natural Resources, B.S.
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Ill.
- STC annual conference for technical communicators. 2014.
- WritersUA annual conference for Help authors. 2011, 2010, 2005, 2003, 2001.
- Web Directions North annual conference. 2007.
- Graduate of leadership SLO, a year-long leadership training program organized by the San Luis Obispo Chamber of Commerce.
- Consistently rated "Excellent" on annual performance reviews.
- Received more than a dozen state- or national-level journalism awards. Nominated for the Pulitzer Prize in 2001.
- Organized Sonic's first, second, and third annual Cubicle Classic indoor golf tourney and personally created the coveted tiaras given to the winners.
- I've been a volunteer youth group leader for more than 15 years.
- Served as Samsung's Solve for Tomorrow ambassador to the state of Alabama. This annual science and math competition funnels millions of dollars each year to U.S. middle and high schools.
- Best marathon time: 3:03. Completed many 100-mile bike rides.